Setting the benchmark in the smaller cylinder segment for outstanding power-to-weight, technology, and riding agility, the KTM 390 ADVENTURE is getting a fresh look and some key upgrades for 2022 that bring it closer than ever before to the full range of larger-displacement KTM ADVENTURE machines.
Further enhancing its potential to take riders to places far beyond the ordinary paths, the 2022 model’s extensive list of electronic features has been amplified with the addition of STREET and OFFROAD modes for Traction Control. Selecting OFFROAD from STREET will give the KTM a degree of rear wheel slip to enable even easier use of the bike in loose or wet terrain.
The KTM 390 ADVENTURE can be taken and pushed to the extreme and – if the conditions momentarily get the better of the rider – the OFFROAD TC will remain activated in the event of a brief stall or fall. The additional Traction Control capabilities mean it’s easier to get even more exploratory, allowing the KTM 390 ADVENTURE to consolidate its spot as the segment leader in terms of technology and electronic features.
Allowing riders to reach new extremes, KTM has given the 2022 KTM 390 ADVENTURE a set of even more robust cast wheels. The construction of the components is based around five spokes instead of six and this configuration permits increased stiffness and resistance for the rims.
For 2022, the visual identity of the KTM 390 ADVENTURE is bringing it even closer to the race-winning machines in the dunes and deserts around the globe. Available in two distinct color versions, both options highlight the sharp lines of KTM’s ultra-versatile adventurer.
Curious and skilled riders can also find all their requirements and juice at the throttle of the 2022 KTM 390 ADVENTURE. To prove the point, KTM enlisted the help of multi-time Baja winner Quinn Cody and world traveler Paolo Cattaneo to provide the ultimate verdict from their own weekend adventure here.
Enviable power is provided by the state-of-the-art, single cylinder, 4-stroke Euro5 motor gunning 43 hp and 37 Nm of torque. Additionally, the frame is based on the knowledge collected from millions of race kilometers for the right blend of flex, stability and control in straight line performance.
The bike’s famed agility is combined with the carefully considered ergonomics that place the rider right in the heart of the bike’s movements. The 2022 KTM 390 ADVENTURE can be steered like an offroader as much as it can flip into cruise for longer highway stretches, and the new look through the colors and graphics mean that the aesthetic is as sharp as the attributes.
KTM 390 ADVENTURE – HIGHLIGHTS
- Enhanced electronics as standard & OFFROAD TC for added adventuring potential
- Stronger & more resistant wheels for tougher riding
- 43 hp & 37 Nm of torque through the latest Euro5 crafted engine
- Segment-leading electronics incl. lean-angle sensitive ABS & TC
- Dakar Rally-proven chassis architecture & settings
- Removable steel trellis subframe fitted with just four screws
- WP APEX adjustable suspension for the best response whatever the terrain
- Dependable BYBRE brakes with 320 and 280 mm discs, two channel ABS
- 14.5 l fuel tank for excellent range & possible 400 km with one fill
- Two-part seat & crafted bodywork as part of superlative ergonomics set-up
- Brand new graphics & fresh look for both 2022 color versions
The full current range of KTM PowerParts allows the 2022 KTM 390 ADVENTURE to be compatible for customization or to be beefened for even more resistance away from the beaten tracks.